The Rotary Club of Morton Scholarship
This fund was started in July of 2011 by the Rotary Club of Morton, IL. The fund will award an annual $500 scholarship(s) to an MHS Senior or 6 semester graduate who will be attending a 2-year college in the year following graduation. The student must have been a member of the Interact Club for at least 2 years prior to graduation.
The Morton Rotary Club had been funding yearly scholarships through its annual budget. The Club decided that it would be wise to begin building an endowment fund that would eventually fully fund their scholarship for generations to come, freeing up the money from their annual budget.
The MHS Interact Club is a service club sponsored by the Rotary Club of Morton, IL. The Morton Rotary Club Scholarship Fund was established to benefit students who were members of the MHS Interact Club for at least 2 years.
Qualifications for this Scholarship:
- Must be a MHS senior or six semester graduate who will be attending a 2-yr college in the year immediately following graduation.
- Must have been a member of the Interact Club for at least 2 years.
- Must be a senior or six semester graduate at MHS who has demonstrated academic success by having achieved a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Role model to underclassmen.
- Financial need may be considered but is not a primary consideration in the selection process.
- Has submitted the appropriate application, including an essay of 500 words or less addressing the following topic: What does the phrase “Service Above Self” mean to you?
- Has demonstrated the following attributes during and after school hours: Postive attitude; Encourages others; High moral character; Hard working; Compassionate; Non-judgmental/Open-minded.
- Contact the MHS Counseling office for information on this and other MHS scholarships.
Applications for the Scholarship(s) will be accepted annually during the month of January. The committee will determine the winner(s) during April, and the scholarships will be announced at the annual Spring awards ceremonies at MHS.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to this endowment fund, please click the button below for online donations. Or, you can mail a check to 105 E. Jefferson Street, Morton, IL 61550.