The Morton Lacrosse Club Scholarship
This fund was started in April of 2013 by the Morton Lacrosse Club (MLC) and the Family Fellowship Fund (FFF), a private family foundation. It was established to provide annual scholarships for students who have played in the MLC program for at least 2 years, and will be continuing to play Lacrosse at the college level.
The MLC Scholarship Fund, held at the Morton Community Foundation, has been established by the Morton Lacrosse Club and the Family Fellowship Fund (private donors) to assist deserving students (boys and/or girls) who have participated in various MLC Lacrosse programs. The scholarship(s) can be used to help students with college expenses and to encourage their participation as adults in community youth lacrosse programs. One or more awards are to be made annually from the Fund for purposes of awarding a scholarship. Currently there is one (1) $500 scholarship available. As the fund grows through private donations and/or investment proceeds, more and larger scholarships will be made available.
Qualifications for this Scholarship:
- Contact the MHS Counseling office for information on this and other MHS scholarships.
- Must be a MLC graduating senior who has demonstrated academic success by having achieved a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting college or university (minimum of 12 credit hours) for the following academic year to play Lacrosse.
- Agrees to become a volunteer coach, official, or board member in a community youth lacrosse program for two years when his/her life circumstances permit.
- Has demonstrated the following attributes: Positive attitude, Excellent teamwork, Encourages others, Charitable, Compassionate, Role model to underclassmen, Adheres to MLC and CILax Conference Code of Conduct Rules, Leadership, Accomplishments, and Awards on and off the field.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to this endowment fund, please click the button below for online donations. Be sure to designate the Morton Lacrosse Club Scholarship Fund. Or, you can mail a check to 105 E. Jefferson Street, Morton, IL 61550.